Welcome to Jerry Lewis Fans
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Actress Ellen Burstyn's New Book:

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Guest_Findersassets_*

Guest_Findersassets_*
  • Guests
April 20, 2007

To All Members,

I am please and proud to annouce that my client Tony Award winner Actress Ellen Burstyn as finally published her book;
LESSONS IN BECOMING MYSELF:

This is a very uplifting and inspiring funny and lighthearted look into Ms. Burstyn life and career.

I hope all of you will go out and buy a copy and be inspired by her and what she as learned in life and lifes lessons.
You may listen to Ms. Burstyn with the link below as she talks about herself and the book.

Annie J-Clapping.gif smile.gif

Listen to a Podcast
Lessons in Becoming Myself
Ellen Burstyn - Author

$25.95 add to cart view cart

Book: Hardcover | 9.25 x 6.25in | 480 pages | ISBN 9781594489297 | 24 Oct 2006 | Riverhead
Click here for other formats

In this powerful story of a woman's search for a deeper understanding of herself, Ellen Burstyn explores the unexpected paths her life has taken in this unflinchingly honest, moving, and inspirational memoir

Ellen Burstyn has always defied expectations. Born in Detroit during the Depression, she left home at eighteen, leaving behind a complicated relationship with her mother, and moved to Dallas to become a model. Eventually, Burstyn ended up in New York City, where she performed in a variety of roles on Broadway and on television in the late 1950s and early 1960s before turning to film. Over the course of her career she delivered brilliant performances in The Last Picture Show, The Exorcist, Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore—for which she won an Academy Award for Best Actress—Resurrection, and Requiem for a Dream.

But this book is much more than a recitation of Burstyn's acting triumphs. It's a frank and unsparing account of her search for personal and professional authenticity and the consequences of that struggle. Burstyn's efforts as an actor to uncover the enduring truths in each of her roles, which she learned from Lee Strasberg at the renowned Actors Studio, inform her life offstage as well. In Lessons in Becoming Myself, Burstyn describes her personal missteps and how confronting them encouraged her to find a different life path. Raised a Catholic, Burstyn has spent her life exploring a wide range of spiritual experience—from the Himalayas to Cambodia, from Mont Blanc to New York City—that goes deeper than labels.

Lessons in Becoming Myself is the extraordinary story of the quest for the examined life. By turns thoughtful and funny, insightful and lighthearted, it is a brilliant accomplishment by one of the finest observers of

Joe548

Joe548

JL Historian Extraordinaire

• Site Contributor
  • 9,123 posts
  • Favorite Jerry Lewis Movie?:Hardly Working
This book she like so much she posted it twice!!!!She must get commission.

Boobalack

Boobalack

Resident Curmudgeoness and Picker of Nits Extraordinaire

• Site Momma
  • 7,743 posts
  • Favorite Jerry Lewis Movie?:The King of Comedy
I just saw the double post and will delete the other one. white_cat.gif

I've always like Ellen Burstyn. Will have to check my local library for this book.

I couldn't find a link to listen to Ms. Burstyn speak. Oh, well, I know what she sounds like.

Guest_Findersassets_*

Guest_Findersassets_*
  • Guests
To Joe and Boo,

NO I don't get a commission Joe.

Sorry It just posted twice and I couldn't get it off.

I was going to send Boo a message to delete the one post but I had trouble today.

I am half out of business my printer all in one went on me so I cannot copy,fax print,or scan and I have lots of work to catch up with.

I just thought all of you might like this book. She a very interesting person and has had a very interesting life and lessons that she has learned from that life. I thought it might be inspiring to some of you.

I will try to get the link in here for the book so you could listen to Ms. Burstyn.

I will try to find the web page for you so can go to it and listen to the post log of this book.

Thanks Annie

Okay here is a link to the podcast to listen to Ms. Burstyn;[
Need to look about half way down page for her podcast: This also has some other very fine authors you might want to check out

us.penguingroup.com/static/html/podcast/archive.html

I just tryed this link above and it Works:

You need to Copy and Paste the link in your Address Bar and it will take you right to the page: I just did that now:
[u]

Boobalack

Boobalack

• Site Momma
  • 7,743 posts
Annie, Joe was joking.

If you'll only click "Add Reply" once, your post will only appear once. If it seems a little slow, just be patient and wait for it to post. The board does get slow once in a while. Sometimes if you get an error message, you can use your back button and try again. That doesn't happen very often, though. One thing good, the current software saves what you've typed if you have to leave it for a few minutes and come back to it, instead of wiping it out the way the old software did. smile.gif

Thanks for trying, but your link doesn't work. Sorry.

Yes, I am interested in reading this book. Will probably get it from the library.

Edit: I just tried three times to get a post to double post. I clicked on "Add Reply" twice, but each time it still only posted once. Of course, I deleted those test posts.

Edited by Boobalack, 20 April 2007 - 08:57 PM.

Barnord

Barnord

• Members
  • 185 posts
  • Favorite Jerry Lewis Movie?:Artists and Models
I am very interested in reading this book. I love autobiographies, especially if they are inspirational. I got hooked on reading autobiographies in the 1980's when I lived for ten years in Birmingham, Alabama. I went to the library and found Harpo Marx's autobiography "Harpo Speaks". I'm sure he had help writing it but I just loved it and have been sort of into reading that type of book ever since. However there are a lot of Hollywood type "tell all" books that I could have avoided.

Barbara

Boobalack

Boobalack

• Site Momma
  • 7,743 posts
I'm not too fond of "tell all" books, either, in the sense that you mean, Barbara! newroll.gif

Between me and Annie, we finally got a clickable link. This http://us.penguingro....html#podcast34 will take you directly to Ms. Burstyn's podcast, and you can scroll up and down the page in case there might be others you'd like to hear.

Barnord

Barnord

• Members
  • 185 posts
  • Favorite Jerry Lewis Movie?:Artists and Models
Thanks very much. I enjoyed listening to that!

Barbara

Boobalack

Boobalack

• Site Momma
  • 7,743 posts
You're welcome. It was nice of Annie to give us that info. I enjoyed it, too, and plan to go back and listen to some others. It's interesting to hear the thoughts and processes people had and went through when creating music or a painting or telling their life stories.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users