Welcome to Jerry Lewis Fans
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Ed McMahon's Foreclosure

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
34 replies to this topic

Scott

Scott

• Veterans
  • 304 posts
  • Favorite Jerry Lewis Movie?:Who's Minding the Store?
After digging around I find his loan due is $4.8 million and he has the house listed on the market for $6.25 million.
He's being greedy, sell the house at fair value Ed and pay your bills . . .

cornelius

cornelius

• Moderation Staff
  • 260 posts
Here's a good article, by my calculation Big Ed's got another $856,000 of debt in addition to the house!

http://www.huffingto...y_b_105552.html

Scott

Scott

• Veterans
  • 304 posts
QUOTE(cornelius @ Jun 6 2008, 01:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here's a good article, by my calculation Big Ed's got another $856,000 of debt in addition to the house!
http://www.huffingto...y_b_105552.html

Thanks for the link.
The story makes Ed look like a victim when this is all his fault.
He pissed all his money away and now Michael Lewittes thinks his fans and friends should bail him out newroll.gif

And if bailing out "big shot" Ed is the right thing to do then you can help all the hard working folks in the U.S. who are NOT playing "big shots" and are losing their homes and jobs.

No tears for you Mr. McMahon.

cornelius

cornelius

• Moderation Staff
  • 260 posts
hummm .... I might cut Ed some slack. Even the folks on the Dave Ramsey message board (which advocates "debt free" living) have sympathy for him.

Guest_debello_*

Guest_debello_*
  • Guests
QUOTE(Scott @ Jun 6 2008, 10:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
After digging around I find his loan due is $4.8 million and he has the house listed on the market for $6.25 million.
He's being greedy, sell the house at fair value Ed and pay your bills . . .

Go easy on Ed. Read the article on The Huffington Post. It was his big heart that did him in. There are a lot of people with a lot less who did more dumb things with their money and financial planning.

Ed's about to find out how many real Hollywood friends he actually has. Many of those got to where they are thanks to Ed. I hope they remember that.

Scott

Scott

• Veterans
  • 304 posts
I knew of his doings and personality when I worked in Hollywood back in the eighties.
You have your opinion and I have mine based on facts.
Simple.

Guest_debello_*

Guest_debello_*
  • Guests
QUOTE(Scott @ Jun 8 2008, 02:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I knew of his doings and personality when I worked in Hollywood back in the eighties.
You have your opinion and I have mine based on facts.
Simple.

By all means, please share your so-called facts with the whole class. Don't be one of those forum people who drop vague little words and then back away from the keyboard. That stuff belongs over at the AOL news story comment sections.

Scott

Scott

• Veterans
  • 304 posts
When you send the check :)

Guest_debello_*

Guest_debello_*
  • Guests
QUOTE(Scott @ Jun 8 2008, 03:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When you send the check :)

Thank you for making very clear exactly what you are.

Classless.

Go back to the AOL messageboards.

Boobalack

Boobalack

Resident Curmudgeoness and Picker of Nits Extraordinaire

• Site Momma
  • 7,743 posts
  • Favorite Jerry Lewis Movie?:The King of Comedy
Please stop calling people classless. Scott is not classless. He merely has a different opinion. We are allowed to have different opinions.

Both of you, please stop quoting so much. Maybe you don't realize there's a reply button whereby you can post without quoting.

Now, come out of your respective corners and shake hands. teehee.gif Don't make me have to get mean. white_cat.gif

Guest_debello_*

Guest_debello_*
  • Guests
QUOTE(Boobalack @ Jun 8 2008, 04:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Please stop calling people classless. Scott is not classless. He merely has a different opinion. We are allowed to have different opinions.

Both of you, please stop quoting so much. Maybe you don't realize there's a reply button where by you can post without quoting.

Now, come out of your respective corners and shake hands. teehee.gif Don't make me have to get mean. white_cat.gif

Not gonna happen. I have no respect for someone who makes claims and then won't back them up with proof. If you can't do one don't do the other. Show some respect for someone who has done and meant more than most have.

Uncle_R

Uncle_R

Senior

• Veterans
  • 3,082 posts
  • Favorite Jerry Lewis Movie?:The Ladies Man
I propose a new forum guideline: As long as you're sticking to the topic and not going out of you're way to blast people, it is perfectly fine for folks to NOT get along at all times. Just another of my loopy suggestions. typing.gif

mrwallee

mrwallee

Senior

• Veterans
  • 3,206 posts
  • Favorite Jerry Lewis Movie?:Boeing Boeing
Uncle_Raoul,

Having been the target in the past of one of your ignorant personal insults I feel I should put in my 2 cents worth. There is a difference between disagreeing with someone and insulting someone. It's ok to disagree with someone, it's not ok to insult someone. Just my opinion.

Boobalack

Boobalack

Resident Curmudgeoness and Picker of Nits Extraordinaire

• Site Momma
  • 7,743 posts
  • Favorite Jerry Lewis Movie?:The King of Comedy
Okay, I don't know who peed in your cornflakes, debello, but stop insulting people. There is a difference in disagreeing and in insulting people. Just who do you think you are to sit in judgment on everyone? Too bad we can't all be perfect, as you seem to think you are. I'm disappointed in you.

Speaking of respect, I asked you to stop all the quoting, but you failed to stop. I guess that means you don't respect me, either. Oh, well, my little heart is breaking.

Scott

Scott

• Veterans
  • 304 posts
If a nobody wants to insult me on these forums so be it. Must be his or her nature. As my late mother would say, consider the source.
I feel all humans have a right to their opinion and should be able to speak it without having to defend every word.
My history is my business and I don't have to explain anything to anyone.

And Boo I got a message from Jose about the quotes, sorry about that, totally forgot.

-Scott
(classless)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users