Welcome to Jerry Lewis Fans
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Ed McMahon's Foreclosure

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
34 replies to this topic

Guest_debello_*

Guest_debello_*
  • Guests
I never saw this one coming.

Ed McMahon Being Foreclosed On

NuttyJerryFan

NuttyJerryFan

The Boss!

• Admin
  • 2,424 posts
  • Favorite Jerry Lewis Movie?:Cinderfella
ohno.gif

Damn - times sure are rough.

My thoughts go out to Ed.

Scott

Scott

• Veterans
  • 304 posts
  • Favorite Jerry Lewis Movie?:Who's Minding the Store?
It amazes me that a man of his wealth and fame would have a financial advisor getting him involved in sub prime.

When I lived in California a few years back I was "bombarded" with sub prime offers; back then you could get a no fee no doc 1,000,000.00 + loan without proving your employment.

Gerry Cannell

Gerry Cannell

• Veterans
  • 854 posts
  • Favorite Jerry Lewis Movie?:The Patsy
QUOTE(NuttyJerryFan @ Jun 4 2008, 08:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ohno.gif

Damn - times sure are rough.

My thoughts go out to Ed.

Its exactly the same over here guys! Very worrying times indeed. Makes you wonder "Who is next?"!

spocky2001

spocky2001

Student, Educator, Moderator & All Around Nice Guy!

• Moderation Staff
  • 1,262 posts
Any idea why this is in "Telethon Talk?" I can't figure it out... not that it really matters stormtrooper.gif

Scott

Scott

• Veterans
  • 304 posts
QUOTE(spocky2001 @ Jun 4 2008, 02:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Any idea why this is in "Telethon Talk?" I can't figure it out... not that it really matters stormtrooper.gif

Oh Yea, did not notice . . . I get these emails for new thread postings so I usually never see the forum where it's posted.

Now where is that Boo?

MarkLEbert

MarkLEbert

Veteran

• Veterans
  • 1,762 posts
  • Favorite Jerry Lewis Movie?:The Ladies Man
I assume it was placed here because we never see Ed and Jerry together unless it's Telethon time.

NuttyJerryFan

NuttyJerryFan

The Boss!

• Admin
  • 2,424 posts
I'll move it - it's an honest mistake folks.

whistling.gif

Boobalack

Boobalack

Resident Curmudgeoness and Picker of Nits Extraordinaire

• Site Momma
  • 7,743 posts
  • Favorite Jerry Lewis Movie?:The King of Comedy
Thanks, Josť, my boy. Just don't move any more threads whilst I'm reading them. Thankyewverymuch. teehee.gif I didn't move it because you had posted in it earlier, so I figured it was okay. As Mark said, we never see Big Ed anymore unless he's with JL on the Telethon.

I heard this late last night on one of the news channels, or maybe it was early this morning. Anyway, it was dark, and I didn't look at the clock. I really feel bad for him. Something like this is hard enough on a young person -- it's got to be horrible for an oldster. I imagine he is devastated. Good vibes to him and to everyone else in this sad situation.

Ya' know, I don't live in a fancy house, and I sometimes look through magazines or the Sunday newspaper and daydream, but we owe no money on ours. It does need some repair, but I bet it'll still be standing after we die, so I'm grateful for it. We won't have to face a foreclosure, thank goodness.

mrwallee

mrwallee

Senior

• Veterans
  • 3,206 posts
  • Favorite Jerry Lewis Movie?:Boeing Boeing
Maybe Ed needs a Telethon to get him out of this mess (maybe this should have been in Telethon talk after all dunno.gif )

oh doctah

oh doctah

• Members
  • 145 posts
  • Favorite Jerry Lewis Movie?:Sailor Beware
unsure.gif This is shocking news indeed. I figured that Mr. Carson paid Ed very well. It could be that this financial set back is due to him being raked over the coals by his ex-wife. Remember the younger gal who cheated on him with a Beverly Hills cop. I think Ed has to pay alimony to her for the rest of her life. Tragic. A good soul like Ed doesn't deserve this at his age.
To top it off he recently fell and broke his neck so he can't work anymore. Ed's a fighter though as that fall would have killed most 85 year olds. Let's all keep Ed in our prayers that he makes it through this.

cornelius

cornelius

• Moderation Staff
  • 260 posts
CNN just promoed Ed and his wife will be on Larry King Live tonight.

Boobalack

Boobalack

• Site Momma
  • 7,743 posts
Thanks for the info. I usually watch news television in the middle of the night when I can't sleep, and LKL is repeated at 2:00, so I'll catch the program then.

Scott

Scott

• Veterans
  • 304 posts
QUOTE(Boobalack @ Jun 5 2008, 03:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks for the info. I usually watch news television in the middle of the night when I can't sleep, and LKL is repeated at 2:00, so I'll catch the program then.

Quite the night owl smile.gif

cornelius

cornelius

• Moderation Staff
  • 260 posts
I'm watching the Larry King appearance now on my DVR. OK now it's over, a 16-minute appearance with his wife Pam. Ed's mind is very sharp, the appearance of the neck brace is a little disconcerting. He stated that as long as he wears the neck brace he's OK. Said he's had two operations with another possible operation in the future. No reference to the Telethon.

Scott

Scott

• Veterans
  • 304 posts
I missed LK tonight, anyone who caught it care to share?
I don't have the energy to watch at 2:00 like Boobalack.

Scott

Scott

• Veterans
  • 304 posts
QUOTE(cornelius @ Jun 5 2008, 10:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm watching the Larry King appearance now on my DVR. OK now it's over, a 16-minute appearance with his wife Pam. Ed's mind is very sharp, the appearance of the neck brace is a little disconcerting. He stated that as long as he wears the neck brace he's OK. Said he's had two operations with another possible operation in the future. No reference to the Telethon.

Did he state that he himself originated the loan or did a financial advisor?

cornelius

cornelius

• Moderation Staff
  • 260 posts
here's the transcript ....

http://transcripts.c.../05/lkl.01.html

Boobalack

Boobalack

• Site Momma
  • 7,743 posts
Scott, I wouldn't watch it in the middle of the night if I could sleep. J-Sleeping or Bored.gif I get very sleepy when it's time to get up. Such is life in the fast lane. teehee.gif

I made it a point to catch the beginning of the program, but only watched the first few minutes, so I'll still have to watch it later. It was hard to see him in that neck brace -- made him look kind of pitiful.

Scott

Scott

• Veterans
  • 304 posts
QUOTE(Boobalack @ Jun 6 2008, 12:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Scott, I wouldn't watch it in the middle of the night if I could sleep. J-Sleeping or Bored.gif I get very sleepy when it's time to get up. Such is life in the fast lane. teehee.gif

I made it a point to catch the beginning of the program, but only watched the first few minutes, so I'll still have to watch it later. It was hard to see him in that neck brace -- made him look kind of pitiful.

He's a card.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users