Jerry Lewis Fans
Guest debello

Ed McMahon Math

Boobalack    628

That info was posted on the first page of this thread. It has a link if you'd like to read about it.

I haven't heard anything else, though. Does anyone have any further information?

Mary    1

I seen Ed on the new Celebrity Family Fued last night. He was wearing the neck brace. He looked pretty good, but he didn't answer the questions too good. His team did end up winning though. They played for a charity that sends kids to college. Can't remember what the name of the charity was. Al asked him how he was doing because there's been a lot in the news. He said he was doing good. But what is he supposed to say anyway. I bet he could've used that money instead of the charity. They won $50,000.

Joe548    1,994

Ed looked like he was sleeping. He didn't answer one question and time ran out every time. Thanks to his grand-daughter who saved the day. Ed's wife Pam is a silly flit. She came across as a total air-head. It makes you realize how many actors seem somewhat dumb when they have to talk off the cuff and not just memorize lines that were written for them.

As I said before, Ed is a voice-over guy. He doesn't need to be seen. If they wanted his work, the neck brace should have nothing to do with it.

Mary    1

I have to agree. His wife did seem like she was too silly. How much younger is she than him? Because she looked like she could've been her son's sister, not mother. I'm sure she's had plenty of work though. Maybe that's why Ed's bankrupt! LOL.

Joe548    1,994

He doesn't look like he's been in shape for the past 3 telethons!

Joe548    1,994

Now the truth behind the neck brace comes out:

McMahon works as pitchman for Kimmel in-show spots

Jul 25, 6:21 PM (ET)

By DERRIK J. LANG

LOS ANGELES (AP) - Ed McMahon has a job. The former "Tonight Show" sidekick is reprising his role as pitchman with several comical commercial segments during "Jimmy Kimmel Live." The first of four spots, which were filmed Thursday evening and feature McMahon and Jimmy Kimmel together, will air Monday during the late-night ABC talk show.

"It felt very good to be out of the brace and working again," McMahon, who recently underwent a third neck surgery, said during a telephone interview Friday morning. "I spent my whole life doing commercials, so here I was back doing a commercial again. It was very comforting. Believe me."

In the four segments for Pontiac, McMahon and Kimmel point out the various amenities of the Pontiac G8, G5, G6 and Vibe. One of the spots features McMahon - who once pitched Budweiser and the American Family Publishing sweepstakes - teaching Kimmel how to properly sell a product. Another has the duo preparing for a road trip to Mexico.

"I went in like a professional to do a commercial, like I've done a million times in my life in my long career," McMahon said. "That's what I went in to do. Of course, we had fun with it. There's one where Kimmel's locked up in the trunk, and I'm pretending to be Jimmy Kimmel. It was fun, but we're still selling a product."

The 85-year-old former "Star Search" host is currently embroiled in a lawsuit against Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, two doctors and the owner of a home where he says he fell during a dinner party in March 2007 claiming negligence, battery, elder abuse and intentional infliction of emotional distress. He is seeking unspecified damages, claiming the injury left him unable to work - until now.

"I'm optimistic," he said. "I feel we're going to get this straightened out. I look forward to those days."

Last month, McMahon revealed he was fighting foreclosure after falling $644,000 behind on mortgage payments on his Beverly Hills home. His financial woes also include a lawsuit against him by Citibank, which is trying to recoup nearly $200,000 it said it loaned McMahon and his wife, Pam.

"I'm sure things are going to work out," McMahon said.

Mary    1

Well, at least he's working again. Let's hope he can pay his bills now. Gee, at his age you'd think he would be able to retire. I don't know, on the Fued he didn't really seem like himself yet. I thought he was still kind of mumbling his words. :blink:

oh doctah    1

I saw the first of the Jimmy Kimmel and Ed commercials for Pontiac. It was hilarious :J-Clapping: .

Good to see ol' Ed back on his feet sharing quips with young Kimmel.

And thank you Jimmy Kimmel for hiring Ed and appreciating his talent.

I think Jimmy Kimmel is the best late night show host in the business today.

Keep up the great work Jimmy! :smile:

I hope Ed can get his finances in order. It bewilders me though that there is no word

from Johnny Carson's young widow. I wonder what she's doing with the reported 200 million

that Johnny left her after he passed away. You would think that she could throw a mil

or two Ed's way. :unsure: I bet if Johnny was still alive that this situation would have been

all resolved behind closed doors and Ed would not have had to go public with this.

Mary    1

That is so very true. If Johnny were here, we would've never even known about it at all. I wonder if Jerry is helping him a little bit too, and we just don't know it. :smile:

spocky2001    207

Ed sounded like his old self. I saw the ad myself on TV last night... it was hillarious...

He appeared much healthier than he did on last years Telethon for sure...

Boobalack    628

I haven't seen the commercial, but it does lift my spirits to know that Big Ed looks and sounds better. Keep on keepin' on, big guy.

oh doctah    1

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Former television star Ed McMahon's financial and legal woes worsened on Wednesday -- as well as fighting to save his home from foreclosure, he is now being sued for not paying a lawyer hired for his daughter.

McMahon, 85, long-time sidekick to talk show host Johnny Carson, failed to pay divorce attorney Norman Solovay $275,168, according to the lawsuit filed in Manhattan federal court.

McMahon and his wife, Pamela, hired Solovay to represent Linda Schmerge, his daughter from another relationship, in a "matrimonial matter," said Solovay's lawyer, Michael Shanker.

A representative for McMahon, most famous for his 30 years of introducing Carson with his trademark "Heeeeeeeeere's Johnny" and hosting popular TV talent show "Star Search" in the '80s and '90s, was not immediately available for comment.

McMahon has been fighting to save his multimillion dollar Beverly Hills home from foreclosure since February, when his mortgage lenders filed a notice of default.

Then earlier this month, McMahon sued a Los Angeles hospital, claiming its doctors failed to diagnose his broken neck after a fall and discharged him without taking an X-ray.

He has said that the injuries from the fall have kept him from working and have contributed to him falling about $644,000 in arrears on the mortgage for the six-bedroom, five-bathroom home in an exclusive area of Beverly Hills.

(Reporting by Edith Honan, editing Michelle Nichols and Sandra Maler)

Is it ever going to end for this poor soul? This is what big hearted Ed gets for trying to help people. I hope he wins some money from his broken neck fall so he can pay everyone off and put all of this behind him. :techsupport:

Mary    1

I thought he just did some commercials? Surely he must have gotten compensated for that? Hopefully that will ease some of his troubles. Of course they report the bad stuff. They're not going to report the positive in the commercial ads he's done. Just because he has another law suite, doesn't mean he can't pay it off now. I'm sure he has nothing to worry about, hopefully. :dunno:

Joe548    1,994

Add another to the list:

Creditor sues Ed McMahon, wife, over $250,000 loan

Aug 12, 5:30 AM (ET)

LOS ANGELES (AP) - Ed McMahon is being sued by another creditor. Westmoore Lending of Huntington Beach, Calif., sued McMahon for more than $275,000 it says the pitchman and former "Tonight Show" sidekick owes from a 2006 loan.

A growing number of creditors say McMahon and his wife Pamela owe them money. The other actions have targeted debts incurred for the couple's Beverly Hills home, prescription drugs, credit card debt and attorneys' fees for his daughter's divorce.

The lawsuit filed Monday in Los Angeles Superior Court does not specify what the McMahons borrowed the money for, but claims they defaulted on the loan in early 2007.

A spokesman for McMahon said Monday that he hadn't seen the lawsuit yet.

http://apnews1.iwon.com/article/20080812/D92GLI2G0.html

mrwallee    287

logo_ap.gif

Trump to buy McMahon's home

Thursday, August 14, 2008

(08-14) 18:26 PDT Beverly Hills, CA (AP) --

Donald Trump will soon be Ed McMahon's landlord.

Trump announced Thursday he would save the television personality's Beverly Hills mansion from foreclosure by buying it for an undisclosed amount and leasing it to McMahon.

McMahon, 85, who was Johnny Carson's sidekick on "The Tonight Show" for three decades, has not worked for about 18 months because of a neck injury. He defaulted on $4.8 million in mortgage loans with Countrywide Financial Corp.

McMahon's spokesman, Howard Bragman, told The Associated Press that paperwork on the sale had not been completed but that McMahon was "very optimistic" the deal would go through.

Trump told the Los Angeles Times he doesn't know McMahon personally, but acted out of compassion because helping out "would be an honor."

"When I was at the Wharton School of Business I'd watch him every night," the mega-developer said. "How could this happen?"

McMahon bought the six-bedroom, five-bathroom, 7,000-square-foot house in January 1990. The home was listed at $4.6 million last weekend — down from a peak price of $7 million.

Mary    1

I knew Donald wasn't the bad guy everyone portrays him to be. Way to go Mr. Trump! :teehee:

oh doctah    1

:J-Clapping: Thank you Mr. Donald Trump! It took a fan of Ed McMahon to save him.

Like I said in a previous post, Where was Mrs. Johnny Carson with her 200 million dollars

that Johnny left her? Thanks again Mr. Trump, you are truly a class act. :smile:

Mary    1

I was wondering about something though. I wonder if it would have been just cheaper for Donald to just pay off his debts and loans? Then Ed could keep his home and not have to lease it. With all of Donald's money, it would be pennies to him anyway. I mean, I'm thankful he is stepping in , in some way, to help Ed. But I was just thinking of that. :smile:

Boobalack    628

It's beginning to look like the house is just a drop in the bucket. I've seen several stories about other financial institutions either filing or planning to file suit against him. Still, Donald Trump could probably cover it all. But it's not his responsibility, so I guess we'll have to wait and see if anyone else comes to the rescue. It's nice that he's saving the house, but if Big Ed can't keep up the mortgage payments, how is he going to be able to make the lease payments? I agree with you, Mary. If Trump is going to do this, he should just donate the house back to Big Ed. This way, it looks like, to the general public, that he's doing a lot more than he really is. Good publicity for "The Donald!" :newroll:

oh doctah    1

It appears that Ed owes alot of money to others not just the mortgage. Donald Trump is doing a smart thing. He is very good with financial affairs so I think he is doing what is in Ed's best interest. Donald will own the house, sort of an investment, although California real estate has gone down the tubes the past year. This will keep Ed and his wife from getting into more trouble by using the house as a piggy bank and spending all the home equity line of credit. I saw a clip on ET of Trump saying that Ed's financial crisis is a real mess. I hope he can sort it all out for Ed. I believe Donald is doing this out of the goodness of his heart and it was just in time because I heard that the bank was within days of throwing Ed and his wife out on the street. :dunno:

NuttyJerryFan    467

Ed sells the house - but not to Trump...

Friday, August 22nd 2008, 5:47 PM

The Donald is not becoming Ed McMahon's new landlord, but the financially troubled former 'Tonight' sidekick is selling his house. LOS ANGELES -Ed McMahon is on the move.

McMahon has agreed to a deal with a private buyer for his hilltop home, said Howard Bragman, the former "Tonight" show sidekick's spokesman.

Bragman declined to name the buyer or the selling price. But he said it isn't real estate mogul Donald Trump, who recently offered to buy McMahon's home and act as a landlord.

"For Mr. Trump, this acquisition was not business-related, but, as he has stated, was meant to help out an American icon," said Michael Cohen, special counsel to Trump. "If another buyer should emerge who will create the benefit Mr. Trump sought for Ed McMahon, then he is clearly pleased."

Bragman said McMahon and his wife, Pamela, will move out of the home when the sale is complete.

The couple's property is located in a hilltop gated community that is also home to Britney Spears.

McMahon has faced money woes for months, with creditors filing lawsuits against him for everything from unpaid prescription medicines to loans.

His home was facing foreclosure after he defaulted on a $4.8 million loan.

McMahon has said he was experiencing financial troubles because he was unable to work after falling and breaking his neck in March 2007. The 85-year-old has for years worked as a pitchman and recently resumed that role, appearing with comedian Jimmy Kimmel to advertise Pontiac vehicles.

While McMahon's foray into California's lagging real estate market may be near an end, his legal battles are not.

He sued Cedars-Sinai Medical Center and two doctors in July, accusing them of discharging him with a broken neck after his fall in 2007. He also alleged the hospital botched two neck surgeries.

The hospital responded in court filings on Wednesday by asking a Los Angeles Superior Court judge to throw out many of McMahon's claims.

Attorneys for Cedars-Sinai wrote that McMahon's lawsuit failed to prove allegations of fraud, battery, elder abuse and emotional distress. They also want to prevent McMahon from seeking punitive damages.

A hearing on the lawsuit is scheduled for Sept. 18.

Other lawsuits are seeking more than $750,000 from McMahon for unpaid loans and fees attorneys say McMahon agreed to pay to handle his daughter's divorce in New York.

---

http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2008/08/...e__but_not.html