Jerry Lewis Fans
Guest debello

Ed McMahon's Foreclosure

Scott    5

It amazes me that a man of his wealth and fame would have a financial advisor getting him involved in sub prime.

When I lived in California a few years back I was "bombarded" with sub prime offers; back then you could get a no fee no doc 1,000,000.00 + loan without proving your employment.

:ohno:

Damn - times sure are rough.

My thoughts go out to Ed.

Its exactly the same over here guys! Very worrying times indeed. Makes you wonder "Who is next?"!

spocky2001    207

Any idea why this is in "Telethon Talk?" I can't figure it out... not that it really matters :trooper:

Scott    5
Any idea why this is in "Telethon Talk?" I can't figure it out... not that it really matters :trooper:

Oh Yea, did not notice . . . I get these emails for new thread postings so I usually never see the forum where it's posted.

Now where is that Boo?

Boobalack    628

Thanks, José, my boy. Just don't move any more threads whilst I'm reading them. Thankyewverymuch. :teehee: I didn't move it because you had posted in it earlier, so I figured it was okay. As Mark said, we never see Big Ed anymore unless he's with JL on the Telethon.

I heard this late last night on one of the news channels, or maybe it was early this morning. Anyway, it was dark, and I didn't look at the clock. I really feel bad for him. Something like this is hard enough on a young person -- it's got to be horrible for an oldster. I imagine he is devastated. Good vibes to him and to everyone else in this sad situation.

Ya' know, I don't live in a fancy house, and I sometimes look through magazines or the Sunday newspaper and daydream, but we owe no money on ours. It does need some repair, but I bet it'll still be standing after we die, so I'm grateful for it. We won't have to face a foreclosure, thank goodness.

mrwallee    287

Maybe Ed needs a Telethon to get him out of this mess (maybe this should have been in Telethon talk after all :dunno: )

oh doctah    1

:unsure: This is shocking news indeed. I figured that Mr. Carson paid Ed very well. It could be that this financial set back is due to him being raked over the coals by his ex-wife. Remember the younger gal who cheated on him with a Beverly Hills cop. I think Ed has to pay alimony to her for the rest of her life. Tragic. A good soul like Ed doesn't deserve this at his age.

To top it off he recently fell and broke his neck so he can't work anymore. Ed's a fighter though as that fall would have killed most 85 year olds. Let's all keep Ed in our prayers that he makes it through this.

Boobalack    628

Thanks for the info. I usually watch news television in the middle of the night when I can't sleep, and LKL is repeated at 2:00, so I'll catch the program then.

Scott    5
Thanks for the info. I usually watch news television in the middle of the night when I can't sleep, and LKL is repeated at 2:00, so I'll catch the program then.

Quite the night owl :smile:

cornelius    30

I'm watching the Larry King appearance now on my DVR. OK now it's over, a 16-minute appearance with his wife Pam. Ed's mind is very sharp, the appearance of the neck brace is a little disconcerting. He stated that as long as he wears the neck brace he's OK. Said he's had two operations with another possible operation in the future. No reference to the Telethon.

Scott    5

I missed LK tonight, anyone who caught it care to share?

I don't have the energy to watch at 2:00 like Boobalack.

Scott    5
I'm watching the Larry King appearance now on my DVR. OK now it's over, a 16-minute appearance with his wife Pam. Ed's mind is very sharp, the appearance of the neck brace is a little disconcerting. He stated that as long as he wears the neck brace he's OK. Said he's had two operations with another possible operation in the future. No reference to the Telethon.

Did he state that he himself originated the loan or did a financial advisor?

Boobalack    628

Scott, I wouldn't watch it in the middle of the night if I could sleep. :J-Sleeping or Bored: I get very sleepy when it's time to get up. Such is life in the fast lane. :teehee:

I made it a point to catch the beginning of the program, but only watched the first few minutes, so I'll still have to watch it later. It was hard to see him in that neck brace -- made him look kind of pitiful.

Scott    5
Scott, I wouldn't watch it in the middle of the night if I could sleep. :J-Sleeping or Bored: I get very sleepy when it's time to get up. Such is life in the fast lane. :teehee:

I made it a point to catch the beginning of the program, but only watched the first few minutes, so I'll still have to watch it later. It was hard to see him in that neck brace -- made him look kind of pitiful.

He's a card.

Scott    5

After digging around I find his loan due is $4.8 million and he has the house listed on the market for $6.25 million.

He's being greedy, sell the house at fair value Ed and pay your bills . . .

Scott    5
Here's a good article, by my calculation Big Ed's got another $856,000 of debt in addition to the house!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/michael-lewi...y_b_105552.html

Thanks for the link.

The story makes Ed look like a victim when this is all his fault.

He pissed all his money away and now Michael Lewittes thinks his fans and friends should bail him out :newroll:

And if bailing out "big shot" Ed is the right thing to do then you can help all the hard working folks in the U.S. who are NOT playing "big shots" and are losing their homes and jobs.

No tears for you Mr. McMahon.

cornelius    30

hummm .... I might cut Ed some slack. Even the folks on the Dave Ramsey message board (which advocates "debt free" living) have sympathy for him.

Guest debello   
Guest debello
After digging around I find his loan due is $4.8 million and he has the house listed on the market for $6.25 million.

He's being greedy, sell the house at fair value Ed and pay your bills . . .

Go easy on Ed. Read the article on The Huffington Post. It was his big heart that did him in. There are a lot of people with a lot less who did more dumb things with their money and financial planning.

Ed's about to find out how many real Hollywood friends he actually has. Many of those got to where they are thanks to Ed. I hope they remember that.